- Susceptible – likely to be harmed.
- Diffuser – something that reduces glare from light.
- Crustaceans – aquatic arthropods such as crabs, lobsters, barnacle.
- Arthropod – invertebrate animal having an exoskeleton, a segmented body, and paired jointed appendages.
- Monomorphic – both sexes in a species are similar in size and appearance.
- Killdeer Eggs look like rocks.
- Killdeer nests are built in the gravel.
- Killdeer live up to 7-8 years old.
- Killdeer nests have lots of predators, crows, raccoons, gulls, coyotes and more in the park.
- Killdeer eggs incubate for 23-28 days.
- Killdeer pretend to have a broken wing to lure predators away from their nest.
- Killdeer are in the plover family of birds.
- Killdeer get their name from the sound they make.