- Predator – an animal that kills and eats another.
- Carnivore – an animal that feeds on flesh.
- Species – group of animals that can reproduce with each other.
- Sub-species – can reproduce with each other, but have traits that make them unique to a certain area.
- Canine – relating to or resembling a dog.
- Adaptable – able to adjust to new conditions.
- Nocturnal – done, occurring or active at night.
- Coyotes are only seen in Central and North America.
- Coyotes are good swimmers.
- Coyotes can run up to 40 miles an hour.
- Coyotes are monogamous, they have one mate for their whole life.
- Coyote pups are born blind.
- Coyotes either hunt alone or in pairs.