Skip to content
- Crepuscular – Animal is active at twilight.
- Carnivore – – animal that feeds on meat. teeth with large front canine teeth
- Camouflage– something that helps the animal by making it difficult to see in the area around it; example: speckles or spots on a bobcat that makes them blend in with the leave and light.
- The Bobcat is a Member of the Lynx Rufus family (4 species): North American (Bobcat), Eurasian (largest sized), Iberian (most rare), Canadian.
- It is called a Bobcat due to the bobbed-like (short) tail.
- Because the Bobcat is crepuscular, its eye sockets are big (about a quarter of the skull) so that it can see better when is not very light.
- Bobcats have been seen at Hammonasset State Park.