As Ranger Russ mentioned in this program, the holes in a tree left behind by a Yellow Bellied Sapsucker tend to be in somewhat of a straight line. The holes left behind by other woodpeckers are randomly scattered.
- Agitated – stirred up or churned up.
- Pollution – something harmful introduced into the environment.
- Millstone – large circular stones used for grinding grain.
- Grove – group of trees.
- Hops – grains used for brewing.
- Woolly Adelgid – insect of East Asia that feeds by sucking sap from Hemlock.
- Eddy – a circular movement of water, counter to a main current, causing a small whirlpool.