- Growth Ring – A layer of wood that determines a period of growth.
- Dioecious – A plant or invertebrate in which male and female are separate.
- Oil in cedar wood repels insects. To keep bugs out, cedar wood is used as posts, to line chests and closets, and its shavings for bedding animals.
- Red cedar is actually a type of juniper. Juniper berries are used to flavor food and gin.
- Red cedars host cedar apple fungus. The fungus lives one year on a cedar tree and the next on a nearby apple tree.