Skip to content
- Herbivore – an animal that feeds on plants.
- Pelt – an animal’s skin and fur.
- Arboreal – animals that primarily live in trees.
- Prehensil– an animal’s limb or tail capable of grasping.
- Porcupines are found in CT primarily in the Northwest corner.
- The name Porcupine comes from the French word for spiny pig.
- Porcupines eat bark, nuts and roots.
- Porcupines have over 30,000 quills which act as their main defense. They cannot shoot their quills
- Fishers are their main predator.
- Porcupines have an antibiotic on their skin that acts as protection from infection.
- Baby porcupines are called porcupettes.