- Camouflage – a defensive tactic that organisms use to disguise their appearance, often to blend in with their surroundings.
- Organic Matter – matter that comes from a recently living organism.
- Barbels – slender, whisker-like sensory organs near the mouth that help fish search for food.
- Scales – small, thin horny or bony plates protecting the skin of fish and reptiles, typically overlapping one another.
- Exception – something excluded from the usual rule.
- Bentic– related to or occurring on the bottom of a body of water.
- Omnivore – animal that eats both plant and animal matter.
- Ectothermic – organism that regulates its body temperature with surrounding environment.