- Salt Marsh – coastal wetlands that are flooded and drained by salt water brought in by tides.
- Invasive Species – Not native where found, harmful to the environment.
- Exoskeleton – external skeleton.
- Regenerate – regrow to replace lost or damaged tissue or limbs.
- Planktonic – organisms that drift or float in the water.
- Molt – shed old feathers, hair, skin or shell.
- Omnivore – one that eats food of both animal and plant origin.
- Predator – an animal that naturally kills and consumes others.