- Exoskeleton – an external skeleton that provides support and protection for an animal.
- Molt – shed old feathers, hair, skin, or an old shell, to make way for a new growth.
- After molting, the lobster’s soft skin hardens into an exoskeleton.
- Lobsters can’t eat until their exoskeletons hardens.
- Lobsters regrow missing body parts inside their exoskeletons that are part of the new and larger bodies revealed when they molt.
Watch a Lobster Molt!
Rare Blue Lobster Molting, Sea Coast Science Center https://youtube/Hm5oFnJxEk4