Skip to content
- Bivalve – marine mollusk that has 2 hinged shells.
- Quahog – hard clam.
- Plankton – microscopic plants or animals.
- Zooplankton -microscopic animals that passively float in a body of water.
- Phytoplankton – microscopic plants that passively float in a body of water.
- Filter – to remove impurities.
- Niche – how a species fits into an ecosystem.
- Quahogs can live up to 100 years.
- You can tell how old a Quahog is by counting the ridges on outside of shell which measures a growth season.
- Another name for Quahog is hard shell clam.
- Quahogs have a foot to move around.
- Quahogs are filter feeders, meaning they help clean the water.