Skip to content
- American toad – a common species of toad found in eastern United States.
- Amphibian – a cold-blooded animal that needs a water environment to live (frogs, toads, newts and salamanders).
- Tadpoles – a young amphibian that lives in the water and has gills to breath under water. As it changes into a toad, it develops lungs to breathe air.
- Toads are a subgroup of frogs.
- Toads are toothless while frogs have teeth.
- There are warts are on the back of toads that produce a toxin that tastes bad so other animals do not like to eat it.
- Boy toads chirp and vibrate when you pick them up.